Pressure BioSciences, Inc. (OTCQB:PBIO) develops, markets, and sells proprietary laboratory instrumentation and associated consumables to the estimated $6 billion life sciences sample preparation market. The Company's products are based on the unique properties of both constant and alternating hydrostatic pressure (pressure cycling technology, or PCT). The Company's primary sales efforts are in the biomarker discovery and forensics areas. Customers also use PBIO's products in other areas, such as drug discovery & design, bio-therapeutics characterization, soil & plant biology, vaccine development, histology, and counter-bioterror applications.
PBIO's patented Pressure Cycling Technology ("PCT") platform uses alternate cycles of hydrostatic pressure between ambient and ultra-high levels (up to 90,000 psi) to safely and conveniently control the rupture (lysis) of cells and tissues from human, animal, plant and microbial sources. The Company has sold approximately 300 instrument systems worldwide to leading academic, government, biotech and pharma laboratories. Additionally, there have been over 100 journal articles and peer reviewed publications on the advantages of PCT technology. In March 2017, the Company announced an expansion of the Company's sales and marketing team, and in December 2017, the company announced acquisition of BaroFold that specializes in high pressure technologies; these positive changes should begin to show strong sales increases going forward.
PBIO CEO Richard T. Schumacher is a serial entrepreneur who has had substantial success in founding, growing, and operating Biotech and Pharma businesses in the past; as the initial President and Co- founder of Panacos Pharma, he helped to significantly improve the Company from a struggling start-up to a $700 million market cap company in seven years. Relative to sales potential, if PBIO can capture just 25% of the market opportunity in mass spectrometry, we believe it could lead to $75 million in device sales and $36 million in annual recurring revenue. Additional long-term opportunities for PCT also exist.
PBIO generated total revenue of $646,061 in 3Q17, an increase of 21%YoY
- Consumable sales increased by 158%, from $32,811 in 3Q16 to $84,594 in 3Q17
PBIO acquires BaroFold to broaden its footprint in high pressure technologies
- Acquisition drives PBIO into several important areas in biological research andmanufacturing
PBIO's Next Generation Sample Preparation Instrument received CE Mark approvalin February 2017
- CE marking will allow PBIO to market its products freely in 31 countries across Europe
$6 billion+ market opportunity for PBIO's PCT technology (~500k scientists in 80kresearch labs worldwide)
- PCT technology uses hydrostatic pressure to break open cells, which may result innew discoveries not previously possible with current sample preparation methods
Company signed a worldwide co-marketing deal for 2 years with a SCIEX, a globalleader in mass spectrometry
- PCT technology offers a companion solution to mass spectrometry that improves overallresearch results
- 100+ publications in peer reviewed journals confirming the advantages of PCTtechnology over current sample preparation methods